Specifically this funding was used to construct:
- Kitchen Facility
- Dining Hall / Meeting Room
- Bathroom Facilities including Showers
NMS recently expanded to include a new wing for the fifth and sixth grades. This was completed in January of 2013.
The construction would entail:
In addition, there is the outstanding need to construct:
The rough cost estimate of this construction is $750,000 US dollars. It is anticipated that the construction can be completed in one year, weather permitting. This undertaking is critical as NMS looks toward the future and recognizes that housing and classroom space for the upcoming classes must be ensured.
Aside from providing a quality education to children who would likely not enjoy such an opportunity, the Nambale Magnet School serves as an economic engine for the town of Nambale and its newly established political district. We anticipate greater recognition and attention with on-vent of the new The Nambale District; previously Nambale was part of the Busia District. This new district designation will give NMS and our activities a much higher visibility among the local and regional political infrastructure and should help increase the desirability of NMS to tuition-paying students.
Additional funding needs include:
- Subsidizing the orphans for one year, $1,000 per child/per year. This will be necessary until the community center is fully operational
- Construction for Grades 7 and 8
- Classrooms and Dormitories
- Teacher Housing to entice high quality professionals
- Furnishing the classrooms and dormitories
- Purchase land for the high school. This land will be used for high school, agricultural center, vocational center, and community center. Given escalating real estate values, we can save significant money if this land is purchased imminently. NMS is currently looking into the purchase of surrounding parcels for the school’s growth.