Donate Today Visit Our Facebook Page Visit Our Instagram Page

Electrical Fire Destroys Boys Dormitory

June 20, 2021 - A devastating fire caused by an electrical surge, destroyed the entire boys' dormitory on the Nambale Magnet School campus. The dorm was home to 150 boys who board at the School.  Thankfully, all of the students are safe and no one was injured.

The structure and its contents, from beds, mattresses and blankets, to uniforms and personal belongings, were reduced to rubble -- nothing is salvageable.

Following last year's nine-month school closing due to COVID, this event is yet another blow to the school and its students. The main priority now is the stability and rehousing of the students.

The School has begun the daunting cleanup process and plans to rebuild the dorm are underway.

Makeshift living quarters are being set up in what was formerly the headmaster's office and the School's clinic to accommodate the students who have been displaced. Additionally, all students are receiving counseling to help them cope with this huge upheaval.

An Emergency Fire Fund has been created to help with the School and students' immediate needs. Your support is greatly appreciated.

More information on a capital campaign for the building of a new boys dormitory will be announced soon.

Thank you for your help!


Top ] [ Back ]



Mission & Vision Current News & Events Become a Sustaining Donor Contact Us Join Our Email List